Thursday, May 5, 2011

Home is where the Heart Is

I am home for less than a week now and the family is gathering and the chaos is increasing.  But I love it.  My WHOLE family is almost together.  Just need Pops and Noogie and we're complete.  I should leave on a mission more often if that's what it takes to have my family all together again. :)  The packing is...well..coming along slowly but surely.  I think I only need a few more socks and I'm good to go.  I thought only having two suitcases would be a bit difficult to pack for 18 months but with everything piled together I think I'll have some room to spare which is AWESOME. Anyway, I thought I'd document the most recent festivities that have gone down in M-Town.


It's tradition in my family to have an Easter egg hunt with the boiled eggs we made! This was my dad's favorite hiding spot haha  

This speaks for itself




 My mom and friends and I were going through my old school stuff and found some GEMS! And this was one of them.  My self-portrait. I know, I was born with the gift of drawing.  We look identical.  But not only could I draw, I was a master poet.  Just see for youreslf.


This brought back too many high school memories HAHA



We're practically the same person.

Mike got his mission call to the Billings Montana mission! We'll be in the MTC together too! Congrats Mike!

Ty loves is "PaPa"

One last dinner with my girls.

My new niece! This snuggly bear is stinking adorable.


5 comments:

  1. Your life is awesome! I love that your family is gathering! I love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel! I love your new blog design!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is amazing! I'm super jealous of you and Michael, I want my call so bad! 'Grats to both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rachel...I love you...and we're seriously like almost the same person..ha ha. So much in common! I would have put these flowers on the background of my blog but I'm not really a blogger let's face it. Oh and I'm also a little sad I didn't make the list of pictures...just sayin':) Love you and your blog post. We will all miss you for sure. But I will be here when your family calls you on Christmas!! yeah!!! Ok this is getting long. Love you again. See you soon:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cousin Alexa is coming home on Sat. May 9 from her Houston Mission. Awesome blog and great pix!!

    Uncle Mark

    ReplyDelete