Monday, July 25, 2011

Hong Kong here I come! (July 19,2011)


(Help I can't get this picture the right direction)
So it has been another crazy week! i feel like I say that ever letter but it's true. We just had a lot of struggles with the sisters in the branch and so I had to help out a lot. I have missed so much class and language study because of problems going on but that is what missionary work is about, helping people come unto christ. I know that my Cantonese isn't as good as it could have been or isn't as good as a lot of other missionaries but I'm learning to not worry about it. I'm doing what I can with the time I have. I think it will come a lot more in hong kong! I'm getting so excited to go! i was freaking out a few weeks ago because all the teachers say they are throwing us to the wolves hahaha but it's better to be prepared for what's coming versus having complete shock when i get there. It feels like i have been here for so long that I'm so ready to go! I just need a change. I love it here though. I love the missionaries in the other district, I love other missionaries going other places. you just meet some incredible people, but it's time to get to hong kong and "trash hong kong" with our spirit. haha a volunteer told our companionship to do that haha he's from hong kong. So funny story, there are a couple of hong kong missionaries here and I talk to them any chance i get! They think i'm crazy i'm sure but it's so funny and fun haha even though we can hardly understand each other because they are learning english and I'm learning cantonese. anyway, wu ji muih is stinking cute! i just want to take her back with me (along with my teacher lauh ji muih) and then the other elders (both elder chan) are really nice. Much quieter and don't know as much english. one Chan Jeung Louh has been a member only a year. So we see the Jeung Louh at the temple during our walk and they say hello ask us how we're doing and ask to take a pic with us (all in cantonese! i understood something!!) and we were all stoked and excited because usually i go up to them but they wanted a picture! this was definitely a step forward. so we all take a pic and while we are taking it i say, "Jisi!" which is cheese in cantonese! hahaha and Chan Jeung Louh (the more outgoing one) was laughing super hard. So the pic that is on my camera is of me laughing at him laughing at me haha then after they were telling us where they were serving, Australia and New York. Everyone was saying how awesome that was and then I said, "Yeah, well it's too bad we're going to the best mission..." and they just sat there probably translating in their head and then they started busting up laughing! haha then the Elder goes,"You so funny!!" hahaha it was hilarious and I just started laughing because i really wasn't trying to be that funny but they think everything i do is funny I guess. Then one of the Elders who's from the new district hardly new anything they were saying expect when they said how is your day? and he flew off the bench screaming, "I know that one!!" hahaha then when they told us they were going to leave he yells to them, "Ngoh ngoi leih!" which means I love you hahaha oh all of us were dying including the Hong Kong Elders.

Things have been going well. I'm really pushing myself this last week and I'm ready to head out. I don't even know what to expect but it will be great. one of the other teachers talked to me for a while after class on saturday and she gave me so much encouragement. She knows the language really well and she said she didn't know nearly half as much as we did before getting to HK. She's a singer too so she was able to relate to me in that sense. I have felt Satan work on me a lot these last few weeks in a lot of different aspects because he doesn't want me to believe in myself, he doesn't want me to do God's work. I have just been praying to have more peace, patience, love, and confidence/faith. I want to have unwavering faith when I search for the souls ready to hear the gospel. Everyone deserves the happiness I have been given and I can't wait to see lives change because of it! Thank you everyone for your letters of encouragement and updates! it's so great hearing from everyone! I said bye to Mike last night but it was a good goodbye! we're both just ready to go out and serve. Sounds like HP was great too. I'll have to watch it in a couple years. Just so everyone knows, the mailroom closes early on Saturday and is not open monday! I leave monday night so any dear elders will need to be sent by friday and other letters will need to get here by friday so that I can get them. or you can just send them to Hong kong. my address should be on the blog. Ok, thanks for everything and I love you all!

Love,
Kahm Ji Muih

No comments:

Post a Comment