Tuesday, July 12, 2011

hou faai

So the weeks are just starting to blur together. I have a hard time figure out what actually happened this week and everything. But I know I've been learning a lot personally. I have been learning and relearning so many valuable principles but what I lack at times is REALLY applying them. I know I must have faith, but what do I REALLY need to do to exercise it as best as I can? My district is getting ready to head out soon. TWO weeks?! So crazy. We are trying to speak even more Cantonese but sometimes it's hard especially because of our callings and many missionaries that need help. but we're trying. Today is my Cantonese day and I haven't spoken English yet. you can ask Mike haha I helped him in the laundry room just an hour ago. but I could only speak Cantonese. So funny haha he's doing ok, I think the sickness is wearing on him a bit so just keep praying for him. FAMILY---Thank you so much for the packages and letters this week! Besides Kait helping with the packages, I only got things from you and it made the week so much better! Lisa did send music which was so nice too! We have an entire closet devoted to food because we get so much. One of my roommate’s grandmas sent all of Costco over! It's so funny. Anyway, we are trying to share it as best as we can and then eat the rest :) hahaha This week I focused a lot on studying the resurrection because I gave the lesson in district meeting and my love for the Savior and his atonement has grown so much. I feel often times we look over the resurrection when talking about the atonement, but without it there would be no purpose for Christ's suffering. (John 11:25-26) It's so simple, follow and believe in Christ and we will receive the greatest gift, eternal life. Like I've said before, I wish I could just put my feelings in a box and send it home for you to feel as well, because it's hard to describe everything and when you experience so much every day you forget all that you want to write about. But just know that I'm doing well. It's been challenging in several ways and it's just going to get harder once I'm in Hong Kong, but I know that the joy and happiness I feel will help me overcome the challenges. I LOVE my teacher Lauh Ji Muih. She's so precious and patient and we laugh SO much together. I wish I could take her with me. She's a native and she makes me love the people so much more. I met two missionaries from Hong Kong and I always talk to them. The elder doesn't speak very good English and he doesn't understand my Cantonese very well either (fabulous). But the sister and I communicate really well! She's so stinking cute! I always feel comfortable talking to her and hopefully they will prep me for Hong Kong a little bit so I won't be AS shocked once I'm there :). I'm no where near what I thought I would be language wise and preparation wise but I know that it will come. Once again, thank you for everything! Gaa yauh!

Kahm Ji Muih

ps Mom--I will send stuff home next Tuesday. my comp in Hong Kong, Sis Bishop says to try to not have a lot of stuff so I'm trying to simplify but I'll just specify what I want to stay home and what can be sent to Hong Kong. Sorry I didn't get the clothes till after you had left for home. Anyway, thanks a bunch! Oh and the other district hears about you sending stuff to missionaries so they may want a little treat. But there are 10 elders so I don't know. And an elder, Elder Todd who's going to Thailand does too but he's just crazy so don't worry about him. ha-ha anyway, thanks again for everything! Talk to you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment