Wednesday, September 28, 2011

CHICKENS from MAINLAND

September 21, 2011

From: Sister Rachel Kiene

Leih hou ma!? So we had many miracles this week! And something I’ve realized more and more out here is that even very small things are HUGE miracles! A few miracles are on Saturday we planned for a few lessons and then one miracle lesson. Well turns out that for 2 of the planned ones we got fonged ('fong' is a term we use meaning they didn't show up haha) but a recent convert in the ward called us and said her sister wants to go to church and asked if we could meet with her later that day! We said of course! Except we had another lesson scheduled at the same time, so we had to split and have members be our companion. So I was with A-Sin and her sister A-Choi. They also have an older sister who is a member too, A-Saan, and she helped Sis. Chinison teach. Anyway, I had to teach this girl the first lesson alone and it was pretty nerve wracking! You'd think after two months of being in Hong Kong I would have everything down right? haha not quite. but I know I had a lot of help from Heavenly Father. A-Sin helped me so much too! She was such a blessing! Miracle number two...we had 4 people come to church!! And A-Choi was one of them. She is so humble and sweet and I really hope that she continues to learn more!! Another miracle we had was seeing a girl we contacted on the street, Mag. She is SO hard to contact and we finally were able to see her again! we watched the restoration video and she felt the spirit. she is very shy and quiet too but so sweet. I just know how much the gospel can bless all these people's lives and I wish they could see it too!! but it all comes with time. Another miracle was we had English class last night and afterwards we were putting the TV away from when we taught Mag. Two girls who are also hard to schedule, but like learning languages, asked why we had a TV and said they wanted to watch a movie! we told them it was the Restoration movie and if they wanted to watch it they could. they said yes hahaha and we thought they were joking! but they said they would and then after we had a really good discussion. They had no idea that Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ were two different people. Sometimes you forget that even those small little things need to be taught. And although small and simple, they are all vital pieces of information that make up the amazing gospel. One more thing, we realized there is a CD player at the church so I brought the CD's you all sent me and we had a partially active Thai sister, Lam Ji Muih come so we could go over the lessons. Anyway, she hasn't been feeling well and she has had a lot of problems from the past..she went to a church that would play really loud harsh music and do weird things and she didn’t feel good when she went. anyway, it caused her to start taking medicine to sleep at nights. she's not taking medicine anymore but she has problems sleeping. so we put in jenny oaks baker's CD and sat and listened to a few songs. she said she never heard music like that before and really loved it! so we are going to try to get her some uplifting peaceful music. The power of music and the hymns is incredible!!

Sister Chinison and I get along really well. We are different in so many ways but when it comes to the gospel and what we want to achieve, we are exactly the same. We have a good time together and she is such a hard worker and good example to me. We experience opposition, like everyone does, because the work here can be harder at times, but we draw closer together as we try to uplift each other and work on becoming better missionaries. Things are going well and we have found many people that have so much potential!! We pray that their hearts will open more and more and their desires will increase! The gospel has changed my life in more ways than I could ever express, and the only way for others to understand is learning, growing, and experiencing for themselves!! I’m so grateful for the spirit and pray constantly that the people we teach will also recognize it. Well, love you all and hope everything is going well! Aubs is having a girl! woo hooo! So fun! Named after me of course ;) haha just jokes, Krystal survived the Philippines without disease...or so we think...Jason and Mar sound good and the girls are just growing up!! Mike sounds like he's working hard and enjoying everything, mom, hopefully you get my letter soon, I’ll send pics today and take care of your knee! Dad, thanks for the uplifting letters and everything. I love my family!! You have no idea how grateful and blessed I feel to have you as my parents and siblings! soo blessed!!

Kahm Lohk Yih Ji Muih

No comments:

Post a Comment