Friday, October 7, 2011

thank you thank you do je mh goi sai!

I am sorry that I can't put a caption under each picture, but for some reason it is blocked. So the Kwun Tong District had summer missionaries. Kahn Ji Muih and Hoh Ji Muih (Maggie Ho) were companions and loved working together. Then THE STAIRS OF DEATH that lead to the Kwun Tong Chapel on top. And also Hong Kong Temple with Sister Kiene and Sister Kiene.






Thursday, October 6, 2011 12:00 AM

Thanks for the updates and letters and love and experiences and advice! Mom, I hope your knee gets better soon! That's funny you mentioned Kelsey Bingham cause I was just thinking about her the other day and wondering how she was doing! Oh man, everyone is just growin' up. so weird! haha sounds like you all had an amazing time at conference. I am SOOO excited to watch it on Sat and Sun! Seriously, it's like Christmas or something! When you are on your mission, General Conference is THAT much better! I think it's because it's something dear to my heart and it just gives me a feeling of peace and comfort. We have investigators planning on going too and I can't wait to hear what they think about everything our prophet, apostles, and church leaders have been guided and prompted to say. So those stories about Aurora and Ty are just classic! Those two crack me up! hahaha and I'm so glad to hear the good news about Jason's interview! Good luck!! I know that hard work and living in obedience with faith we can experience great miracles! I'm proud of him and Marilyn and their faith.

It's been a good week, we have been teaching a girl A-Choi (16) and her sisters are both members. I think I mentioned her before...anyway; her little sister who is 9 is also starting to take the lessons! They are really sweet and really good. I hope they keep progressing! they are coming to conference and they have been going to church and ward activities. yesterday, since it was a holiday, our ward had a BBQ in Tai Po. Haha, except BBQ's here are a lot different than at home. Everyone brings bags full of fish balls, chicken wings, random meats, and corn on the cob, bread, and then they all start cooking it all and then feeding it to everyone. haha good stuff! Oh so funny story...yeah since I still can hardly speak Cantonese, things like this happen all the time. So I was on the phone calling people from the potential investigator list and started talking to this kid named Zoe. I was telling him about us missionaries and about our church and then I was trying to tell him that this gospel could really bless his life but I accidently started saying this gospel could really bless his body hahaha I guess it technically could bless his body too but that's not what I meant. I quickly and embarrassingly corrected myself and hopefully my accent was thick enough that he didn't catch my mistake hehehe

Well I appreciate everything that you all have done for me and for your uplifting and encouraging words. We are all trying to work hard out here but we definitely need help finding those that are prepared to hear the message of the Restoration. We need the members to recognize their divine role and how important THEY are in this work. But we are pressing forward, praying for more love, more faith, and more patience each day. Applying what we teach to ourselves so that we can be better teachers and disciples of Christ. We had the opportunity to attend a temple session today and it was such a great experience. I learned so many valuable lessons that I hope I can apply better in my life. I also got to do initiatories after in Chinese and English. (Chinese is SOO fast!) It was pretty special. Anyway, this gospel is true and we need to try our best to live by its teachings and we will have true happiness! I LOVE YOU!

Kahm Ji Muih

PS Blue Bell?
Thursday, October 6, 2011 12:02 AM
Is it true that they sell Blue Bell in Utah now??

1 comment: