Friday, November 18, 2011

CONFERENCE!!!!!!

Wednesday, October 12, 2011
From Rachel Kiene:

So one of the biggest highlights of the week was GENERAL CONFERENCE! I know this is super late news, but it's new to me. I could feel the love of all of you so much! Especially the sessions that Mom and Dad were at! The spirit just filled my heart. And Let me just tell you, conference as a missionary is like 70 bajillion times cooler than being...not a missionary (full-time that is haha). I can't even begin to describe the feelings I had while watching. I've never been so focused and never received so much guidance! The Lord is looking out for so many of us! We had investigators come and although it was a lot for them to take in, they were still able to see the prophet of God which is so special and so important! I loved so many talks and I wish I could write about all of them and express my feelings but I'll just share one which happened to be the first talk given by Richard G. Scott. He talked about the power of scriptures, memorizing scriptures, and also studying ALL the standard works. It's so true, we must take advantage of ALL the scripture we are given, both modern and old. I have been trying to study from the bible a little more and after I heard the talk I started reading from Matthew again. And the cool thing was that I was able to receive an answer to a prayer/question that I had prior to conference. The Lord works in mysterious ways, but he ALWAYS answers us!! I just feel that questions or thoughts or wonders that I have, I open my scriptures and then BAM, the answer is there. The scriptures help us build faith in Jesus Christ, they help us become better disciples, missionaries, teachers, family members, and friends. Continue to really study them and you will feel so much peace, receive so much guidance, and be filled with so much joy.

We've experienced so many miracles! An investigator GaGa, who we thought we'd never see after a "boring" (that's what she told us at least) experience at church, scheduled us again, went to conference, and we are seeing her AGAIN this Friday! So cool! Also, two girls Cherry and Christy (12 yrs old) who we've also been trying to see randomly showed up to our game night since their gym class was canceled for some random reason. WE were able to teach a lesson and then play some sports with them. They have helped me with my Chinese and I’ve help them with English. haha they are crazy but I love them!

Oh man, Hong Kong is just so awesome. One thing that I think is hilarious is that during relief society, instead of giving women a cute notebook and pen or a bag of candy or whatever for their birthday, they give a bottle of soy sauce :) haha. Well, it's been pretty rainy the last week, which is not on the Hong Kong people's favor, but I feel it's pretty refreshing. And we're still getting the work done! Rain or shine! They think we're crazy sometimes because we are out finding/contacting or still holding English class when it's pouring, but the Lord's work doesn't ever stop! Just like so many general authorities talked about in conference, we must be bold, we must tell people about Jesus Christ and what he can do for them! So many people need it! But we also need to be aware of the Lord's timing. It can be discouraging, but as we are patient, we will be blessed and we will have the capability to bless others too. Just like our Savior said, "not my will, but thane be done." Being patient isn't easy, but I fully trust that as we continue to exercise our faith and work, we can accomplish the will of God.

One last thing, we are doing a mini MTC this Saturday for two wards in the area and it should be really cool. We are trying to motivate the members to help us do missionary work. I know I've stressed this before, but MEMBERS or so important in missionary work! Missionaries can't do this alone! We need your help! I know you are all trying but just keep your eyes open for those opportunities to introduce people to the gospel. It can be old or new friends. That's the best way you can support the missionaries! I love you all and I'm so blessed to have you all in my life! Keep adding oil! Ga yauh!

Sis Kiene

PS Ashlyn is engaged?! and Is Lisa engaged too? Lisa's man and Ashlyn's man were companions?? Or Kelsey Bingham and Ashlyn’s? I was so confused! haha and Lex hatch is engaged? and Kaitlin Horne? and Tara’s having a boy?! haha all NEW news! but good stuff! I can't believe everyone is getting married. so nuts haha I haven't gotten the package yet cause I haven't been to the office but hopefully soon. thanks mom! love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment