Friday, November 18, 2011

chicken foot!

Wednesday, October 26, 2011
From: Sister Rachel Kiene

Yep, sure did! I ate a chicken foot this last week. We had yam chah (dim sum) and the Elders dared me to. You know me...I had to take advantage of this opportunity! I actually have a video of it. The nail was on it and everything. It was not tasty...just rubbery to be honest. Anyway, Dad you would be so proud because we eat out at members’ homes a lot trying to encourage them to do missionary work and I have eaten so much fish and shrimp. And mom, the medicine you sent me doesn't even taste bad to me haha I have drunk so much worse! It's kind of funny how that happens. I can't even explain what weird stuff I've eaten or drunk out here. It's all part of the growing experience right?! Well I think it's so amazing that you are in Asia right now with Krystal. Asia is quite different, and I'm sure Hong Kong is a lot different than Korea too, but it's all the same when you are trying to bring people closer to Christ. You may have to do things a bit differently, but it's all the same outcome. I don't know if I remember Sis. Nelson, I would have to see a pic but I think it's so funny that she also feared to go to Asia. I guess the Lord asks us to do hard things sometimes and it's hard when you are struggling in the moment, but I have experienced that it only makes me love Christ and his atonement more. That's who I have to rely on. He's my very best friend and I'm so grateful for all that he has done. So an Elder talked to me about how to better plan each day out here. It makes all the difference in the world knowing what you personal need to do to accomplish your personal goals. It gives you more drive and direction and helps you feel like you are progressing when, at the end of the day, you can tell Heavenly Father that with his help you were able to accomplish it! These little goals are helping me develop a precious relationship with my Heavenly Father. I talk to him a lot differently than before. I feel like I talk to him constantly and feel him around me often, even if it's when I'm feeling down at times. One quick story before I get kicked off! We planned to go finding on Saturday but I wanted to do something more creative. While in personal study I thought that we should just do a find in the MTR station in our area and would talk about families! I got super pumped, and then we headed out to find. We had hardly any success but I was determined to find someone! Finally as we were headed back to our church area I got on the train and walked up to a girl. We started talking and she was sooo sweet! Her name is Elaine. I showed her pics of our fam and she thought the jumping pic was awesome! haha she was super interested in me as a missionary and I started pulling out a pamphlet and as I pulled it out at the same time she asked if I had any info like a brochure about our church! That doesn't happen often here! Anyway, we were able to exchange numbers. She's busy, like just about everyone here, but I got that number that I knew I could find! It was so rewarding to have someone listen to me. Anyway, I know that the power of planning is real! I know that even planning where to find, how to find, and when is so important. I am so grateful for these tender mercies of the Lord! I love you all so much and I'm so grateful for your love and support. Mom thanks for the package. It made my day! I hope you enjoy Asia and have a fun Halloween. let me know how the "bring your friend to church day" goes at home in the ward.

Love,
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment