Friday, November 18, 2011

HONG KONG IS CRAZY! LOVE IT!

Thursday, November 3, 2011, 12:35 AM

What a week!! My mission is insane. I wish I could remember all the weird things that happen but my brain can only handle so much right now haha first of all, Sis Chinison and I taught a crazy woman in the mall food court! That was exciting. We also taught a former investigator in McDonald's and in her closing prayer she asked that we would leave her alone because she's fine with her other church right now...hahaha gotta just laugh about the crazy things that happen here. (Oh and her son Frederick made these breaded balls with junks of squid inside covered in seaweed and mayo---WORST thing I've eaten here. I would take chicken feet over that stuff.) We've been doing a lot of finding as of lately because most of our investigators are students and the only time they're free is after school or weekends. We've also done more visiting families and sharing messages to pump them up for missionary work! We know that we may not see the results as quickly as we hope but I know that the members understand they have an important role in this work and they are going to try harder to be involved. A-Choi is progressing so much and has a date for Nov. 13! This is the family that has two sisters that are members and the other two sisters have dates. But the problem is she has a lot of family issues. Apparently their dad never knew that two of them were baptized and that they have been attending church etc. He doesn't like things that are ngoigwok (foreign) and if he knew about it he would be really upset. Their mom was the one that gave them permission in the beginning. Anyway, it's a really confusing story but they are going to talk to him this week about everything and so we've been fasting and praying that everything goes smoothly. I have no doubt in my mind that God can make anything happen if it's according to HIS timing and HIS will. My comp and I felt a lot of peace knowing that he can soften anyone's heart and that he is looking out for those sisters. I hope that A-Choi can be baptized! She is keeping all commitments and wants to follow the example of Christ. I trust that everything will work out how it's supposed to and that our prayers will be heard and will be answered. Maybe not when we want them to or think they should be answered, but they come.

We are continuing to press forward in the work and are really excited for this move. I don't know why but this last week I've just felt so much better. No, it's not because they language is coming quite yet, but I just feel my prayers being answered. I literally feel my Savior's love and I want other to feel that so badly! I am just pumped about this work and so grateful for the challenges because they push me to be harder. I'm learning to find TRUE Joy in the Journey. FAITH is everything---without faith I would be completely lost. I'm so grateful for everything that I have and that I can share it with so many that are searching for the truth! Ga yauh! Ngoh HOU ngoi leihdeih! Hope ya'll had a fabulous Halloween! They don't really celebrate it here but I wore a black skirt, green shirt, and purple cardigan and said that I was dressed as a witch ;) hahaha goood stuff! Mom!! I'm SOOO happy they found that booger! I am beyond excited and happy and hope that you can feel your body gaining its strength back. What a miracle!!! You are loved :)

Oh and I'm leaving Tseung Kwan O next move. Because my companion will be training here! So I'm not sure where I'll go or with whom but it will be an adventure!



PS I don't know if Kait has shouted this out but holy cow she's getting married! So soon! I knew it would happen. Tell her that I'll write her back soon and yes I had a freak out moment in the Indonesian email place that we're in right now but I’m excited for her and trust that this Dan guy that's replacing me is a good guy. Obviously not as good looking as me but it's all good! Could you just tell her I love her and congrats! I want pics asap.

No comments:

Post a Comment