Friday, November 18, 2011

feih jo

Thursday, November 10, 2011,

So I've officially accumulated fat on my body other than my fingers! haha It's ok though cause I'm a sister missionary and everyone knows that sister missionaries gain weight! haha So I did the whole ankle checking thing with my nail and it definitely keeps a nail mark for a while. I've got problems but just don't have the time or the resources to figure them out haha as for now I'll just keep trying to eat fruit and veggies. However, I made the Mexican food that you gave me and HOLY COW best thing EVER! I still have some saved in the fridge and eating it sparingly. I'll proudly state that Chinese food is rubbing off on me. I honestly think I could eat any kind of meat or weird tasting drink now. I've tried so many weird things and haven't thrown up yet. I knew the Lord would bless me!! Who knows if it will last til after the mission though? It may just be one of those temporary strengths given to me hahaha. Wow, there has been some crazy news! Kaitlin Horne is married! So many people engaged! Scott and Collett?! No way haha and I’m still shocked that Kait is getting married! aghhh! haha Her fiance's great uncle is the office Elder here in Hong Kong. So Elder and Sister Kelser do all the Mission Office work. I had a feeling they were related to Dan Kelser (Kait’s fiancĂ©) and turns out he's Dan's dad's uncle. haha SMALL world! He said he found out over facebook that Dan is engaged. I was freaking out telling him that I haven't seen a picture of this Dan man and that he better be cool. Elder Kelser reassured that they are a good family which brought some peace to me hahaha also, remember Kaori Hansen, she is Ellie Hansen's sister, was Chelsea Heiner’s roommate and one of my friends from school? Half Japanese? Anyway, she married a guy Sam Wright who was in our ward at King Henry and his brother just got here! So crazy haha

So the week has been good. We have had a lot of stressful times but have noticed the miracles that the Lord has blessed us with. A-Choi's dad is really angry with the girls and won't let them come to church right now. But we are still able to see her and help her testimony continue to grow! We know that they are given this trial to strengthen and test their faith. We had an investigator that we couldn't get a hold of for about a month randomly call us and wanted to meet with us. We also had a former investigator randomly call us yesterday, Wendy. I think I mentioned her a ways back. She didn't want to see us b/c she was so busy and didn't want religion on top of all her stress. But she's friends with Pres. Chan and she's been going through A LOT lately. He told her that the only way to find peace and happiness is through the gospel. She called us yesterday and we saw her last night. I only got half of what is going on but my comp let me know more about her problems. They are pretty severe and she needs A LOT of help. It's scary but I know that as she gains a testimony of the Savior, she will also realize that it's only through this gospel that she can find that pure happiness.

|
I'm trying my best to love the people and the culture and as time goes on I can really feel my heart opening up. It's quite different but we Americans are quite different too haha. The people here have so many strengths that I lack and they teach me so much! I feel like I'm starting to be myself little by little (just b/c when you don't know how to speak to people, it's hard for them to understand your personality haha). We had exchanges this week and my comp was a bundeih who speaks pretty much no English haha it was SO good though. I felt bad because she's super energetic and hilarious but it she can't joke around with me like she can with fluent speakers haha but we talked a lot about her conversion story and our lives and why we chose to serve a mission and it was really good. I was able to understand most of what she said which gave me a little more confidence that I'm improving haha the biggest problem was trying to speak back but I’m just learning to throw things out there, even if it's telling people that I'm 11 years old (yeah--accidentally did that when we visited a family. haha hou chaam.) It lightens the mood and I'm able to make weird faces and whatnot. I still have so much to learn and so far to go but I'm learning to be VERY VERY patient haha. We have been sharing a lot of videos about the Atonement to investigators and every time I feel my appreciation and understanding of the atonement grow. As I read the scriptures I feel my mind is opening to new ideas and interpretations and now I'm just trying to APPLY all that I learn. I just need to remember to take one step at a time. We can't just expect to change everything all at once. I love you all so much and love getting your letters. They are such a support to me and really push me to work harder. I know that the Atonement is REAL! More real than we can comprehend! I’m trying my best to learn how to really apply it in my life and I hope that I can learn how to build other's faith and help them learn how to apply it as well. Thanks again for all that you do! Keep being the amazing examples that you are, Mom, let me know how your health is doing and if it's improving. I LOVE YOU! Ga yauh!

Kahm Ji Muih


PS So the stamp...well the carving is a little weird so one of the characters isn't really an 8 but it kinda looks like that. I'll write it down so you can see. But my name is Kahm Lohk Yih (Piano--Happy--Right). Piano isn't a common name, just used because it is close to Kiene? I don't know, everyone else has real Chinese family names but me and maybe like 2 other people hahaha anyway, I agree, the first scoop of peanut butter is the BEST! Don't be too excited about my Chinese...it's honestly still awful haha I speak so choppy and slow and yeah.... it's rough right now but it will improve slowly. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment