Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Thank you everyone else for your love, support, and prayers!


Happy Birthday Mamah!! I hope it's an AWESOME one (on Sunday of course). Ok I'm going to write this real quick! I don't have a lot of time but it's been another crazy but good week. I always experience things that I wish to share in the email but then when I actually get here I forget everything haha let's see...a few funny things...oh! People always put the toilet seats up AFTER they go to the restroom. And we're talking the women's restrooms here hahaha also, burping here is normal. Girls, boys, doesn't matter who are what you are, you can burp and not say anything after and it's like nothing ever happened hahaha I saw some pushes in the shape of characters which I thought was pretty cool! OH, so I agree with Krystal, the food here is not very good. At least not to me. Last p-day we went to a Korean bbq and it’s a buffet and you cook your own meat at the table and everything and it was SOO good. I have eaten a few good things here, but when I see fried chicken and duck with their heads still on it just makes me want to cry. Sometimes it's a mystery as to what I’m eating. The other day I thought I was eating sweet and sour pork and it was extra crunchy. So I was a little nervous as to whether it was really pork or not...so I took a bite into another piece and it definitely had bones. I am still alive though!! And my body seems to be functioning alright so no worries! So my area is still going a little slowly...we have been going out finding and we did find a guy Dennis who actually saw the missionaries six years ago. We taught a lesson and then set up to meet with him again. We called and he kept his commitments and everything but we can't meet with him for another week or so because he's pretty busy. Plus, we have to turn him over to the elders anyway, but it's just cool to see someone that's receptive to us, at least for right now. The language... well I feel like I am understanding a little more but my speaking is not improving much...or even worse than before, but I’m making goals to speak more and really push myself. I had to bear my testimony in sacrament meeting in Cantonese and it was rough but I got through it haha I was emotional, nervous, and it was in the morning so I didn't sound too hot. But it's ok! I probably should have clarified that not only am I new to the ward but I’m new to Hong Kong! I had people going off and who knows what afterwards and I just starred at them blankly and then would start to laugh haha everyone is nice though, especially when they find out I’ve only been here 2 weeks haha. I have a lot to learn but it will all come slowly. Tuesday we had our annual mission tour and we meet with some of the area seventy and the mission president, their wives, etc., and we have a big conference for most of the day. There were musical numbers, talks, food, and then a bowl. In that bowl was all the missionaries’ names and they would draw out of it for people to speak hahahaha well the topic for the tour was recognizing the Spirit. And the Spirit told me clearly that I would be in the next group of random speakers. So when Elder Watson starred at the paper and paused I knew exactly who he was going to say. Not many people know how to pronounce our last name ;) haha so he says, "Rachel...." and I raise my hand and say, "Kiene!" haha so I spoke once again for everyone. It was funny because earlier he accidently called one of the elders 'sister' and the elder got up and said he had been called a lot of things as a missionary, but never called a woman. Then when I got up I said, "You know, I've only been her two weeks and I've already been called Elder twice!" (True statement) haha everyone laughed and then I proceeded to give my talk. I hope it went well, I was a little nervous but I definitely felt more confident than I have in the past. I know heavenly father has put me in specific situations for a reason. He knows my weaknesses, he knows my strengths. He knows how my strengths can help others that I’m around at this exact time. He also knows others strengths that can help strengthen MY weaknesses at this exact time. It's not easy, but I know I’m becoming a better person because of it. I know what I need to do to be better, but it's really learning how to apply my thoughts and turn them into action. It comes yat bouh yat bouh. Step by step. My love for the book of Mormon continues to grow. There is so much to learn from it and it brings me such happiness. I hope that I can find those that are prepared to accept this gospel. Those that will really understand what the book of Mormon can bring them, what the atonement can do for them personally. Well mom, thank you for the package! It came at the perfect timing! Literally! I was on 24's when I got it and I was going to have to use a mildewy towel. Boo-ya! Tell Sis. Heiner thank you! Thank you everyone else for your love, support, and prayers! I know that this gospel is true, that it really can change each of our lives, and also CONTINUE to change our lives. We all need to continually become better. Well I love you!! Happy birthday Mom!!

love,
Kahm Ji Muih

PS I also had fungus toes...or athlete's foot :) but I’ve been putting the fungus stuff on them and I think it's almost gone. Oh yeah!

No comments:

Post a Comment