Thursday, March 10, 2011

Own It

Ok, so I'm in this weird stage in my life right now.  I want to be out of Provo, everyone else wants me out of Provo, but I'm stuck. I still have two months to kill. But if I think of it in terms like that, I'd be living in the future and not now.  That has been one of my goals these last few months: living in the now.  My physiology professor said something a few days ago that I absolutely loved and definitely needed to hear. It was this small phrase, "If you aren't happy now, you'll never be happy."  So simple yet so powerful, and so very very true.  Often times we wait for those wonderful things to happen in the future and get so caught up in it all that we miss the amazing things happening in our lives right now.  I would write a list of things that make me happy right now but I'll save that for another blog post. 


BUT, I'll share one thing that has recently made me happy and that's owning it.  Owning whatever I got! Like I said, I'm in this weird stage in my life and I have this mindset that I'll be off in China soon and I prob won't see half the people I do now ever again which leads to me saying, doing, singing, eating, (all of the above) weird things. Most people say that I will probably still see most of these people again, but it makes me feel good when I think otherwise.  And if I do see them again....well, they have now seen my true colors.  But isn't that how it's supposed to be anyway?
I thought I'd add a picture because a lot people that read blogs really only look at them for the pictures. so here's to you 'picture only' folk.  one of my best mulan looks i must say

                                      

3 comments:

  1. Nice blog! Thanks for passing along the advice you were told. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. After viewing the picture...and feeling guilty, I read your blog...ha ha j/k. Here are some of my happy's: I am happy to be holding my new grandbaby Emery Rose and playing with darling Aurora. I am happy when shoes I buy online for one of my kids fits and they like them. And I am happy that you are sticking out the semester and going to China and that you will be in the same time zone with Krystal, or maybe on hour off. I am happy that you put your Mulan picture on for me the sorta "picture only" blog folk. And at this point and time...right now I am happy because I am number one on the NCAA Tournament Bracket for the family. Go Mom Beat Dad! ha ha Love ya

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, Rach, I hate to be the barer of bad news, but once you're finished with Provo, you are gonna be right back in there for another 12 weeks. Yeah, it'll be different, but you're still technically there. Oh, and when you have PE, please play four square for me...at least once. I was the champion, and it would be nice to know the legacy continues. Which reminds me, do you remember the sister Kiene tradition that Nola started? You HAVE to keep it up. I told Alexa to do it, but I don't know if she did. Anyway, when you can, sneak a journal entry into your companion's journals that talks about how awesome you are, as if they wrote it. "Oh, Sister Kiene is the most amazing person I have ever met in the world. She single handedly converted the entire Chinese nation to the gospel..." you know, things like that. Lol, it's so funny. Anyway, this proves I came on your blog again. Yay me. I'll try to update mine soon.

    ReplyDelete